Get a Plan in Omaha
Would you and your children know what to do in the case your home is affected by flood, fire, storm or other disaster? Unfortunately, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be together. This is why creating a family plan now is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family will be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form